Volunteer and Internship Program (VIP)
Steps to becoming a Volunteer or Intern (VIP) with Ironwood Tree Experience
- Contact VIP Coordinator, Andrew Stocker, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (520) 829-7001
- Attend VIP Information Session
- Submit short online application
- Interview with ITE staff member
- Submit VIP forms
- VIP working with youth must complete a background check (provided by ITE)
- For overnight field outings, fingerprint clearance card is required (responsibility of VIP)
- Become an official VIP!
- Receive ITE t-shirt and stickers
- Attend additional trainings:
- Interpretive trainings, program-specific training
- Van-driving training (for drivers 25 years and older)
- While VIP are contributing their skills, talents, and experience to ITE, VIP will have the opportunity to attend trainings to learn more about experiential education and environmental stewardship, non-profit development and operations, ecology, and interpretive guiding specifically intended for a youth audience ages 14-20.
- Attend our team-building and VIP recognition events (awards included!)