ITE Internships are experiential learning opportunities for youth ages 14-20 to engage with the land, our community, and local experts. These internships are interactive, leadership-building opportunities that focus on issues like climate change and action, sustainability, storytelling, interviewing, and accessibility in nature.
“I loved getting to form new friendships and learn about important topics pertaining to climate change and our communities.” YBS 2022 Intern
“Throughout this internship program I have become more conscious of me and my households behaviors, or lack of, in individually trying to mitigate climate change. I have also learned more about my work habits and how to better balance responsibilities.” YBS 2022 Intern
Youth for Blue Skies is an environment and community-based internship program for high school youth, ages 14-20. In partnership with the Pima County Department of Environmental Quality, youth interns will explore climate change, air pollution, community action and storytelling through experiences in our Sonoran Desert community.
- Earn $350 in May for completing all internship program requirements
- Participate in:
- 6 storytelling and citizen science workshops and field days
- 1 Family and Intern Orientation
- 3-day, 2-night campout over Rodeo Break
- Interview community experts
- Practice storytelling, speaking and presentation skills
- Present stories in groups at community celebration on May 13
- Gain leadership experience and become a mentor for 2024!
Following the spring internship, participants will become eligible to be a paid mentor with leadership and mentoring training for the next year’s cohort.
There are 8 internship positions available.
All potential interns must complete an application. We will review your application and if you are selected for the next round, the Youth Development Manger will reach out to schedule a 30-minute virtual interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Application Due Date: December 16, 2022