WorldWildWeb Scavenger Hunt
Discover the biodiversity of the borderlands
Project Dates: Monday, July 20th – Sunday, August 9th.
Still haven’t signed up to participate in WorldWildWeb programs? Click here!
Join in the fun!
See Actions for Weeks 1-3 below! Share your results and email your pictures, videos, etc. to Chrissy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From saguaros to pine trees, tacos to tepary beans, and adobe to redbricks – living in the Sonoran Desert and the borderlands means interacting with a unique & diverse blend of people, places, and stories. Being stuck indoors due to the summer heat and a global pandemic means we haven’t had as many opportunities to experience the vast biodiversity that surrounds us in our borderland home! With the monsoons finally rolling in, it’s time to join the rest of the Sonoran Desert animals and plants outside in celebrating life and the place we live. The Borderland Biodiversity Scavenger Hunt is a challenge-themed project that aims to get ITE community members out and engaging with the natural world in as many diverse ways as possible. Step outside and reconnect with the nature, culture, food, movement, dance, architecture, and languages that define our home by completing as many weekly actions as you can!
- Explore your home: Use the scavenger hunt actions to discover plants, animals, people, stars, and activities that exist in your own backyard.
- Get Creative: Write, sketch, record – choose how you share your experience of the outdoors with others.
- Discover: Each week will suggest new ways that you can immerse yourself in nature. Find something new in your neighborhood that you’ve typically overlooked.
- Build Skills: Become an expert in plant or bird identification, locate a constellation you’ve never found before, learn how to recognize an asset, the possibilities are endless!
- Team Up: Invite a family member to join you and YAC it up with other team members who are on the same project.
- Get a Clue: Join in on Zoom discussions and panels with community experts as they share their experience and passions with you.
- Research & Discover: Access articles, videos, and other resources related to borderlands diversity.